Hi Jukka,
Yes, don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing against having a BMS (if you
remember I was talking BMS strategy with you back in 2003?  at a BVS
meeting in Southampton).  I think I'm on borrowed time until I replace the
BMS, but circumstances have produced this "experiment".

The car is used daily, discharging about 50-55% of the capacity.  Sometimes
shorter trips, and rarely longer trips using 80% or more.

I will eventually try to balance it manually and see what sort of
difference there is, or maybe the pack will die first.  I don't think it
can be too bad or I would already have reversed some cells on longer trips
and noticed that in the total voltage.

Regards
Evan