If you are concerned about your EV somehow supplying unwanted current, burning up wires, juicing an electrician, etc. one could think of several ways to electronically sense if the grid had gone dark, or some circuit breaker in the chain had tripped.

I agree that if the GFCI didn't trip when drawing current (like when normally charging,) then it certainly won't trip when supplying current. Not an issue.

A lone 20 amp 120 volt circuit doesn't matter for frequency stabilization, but large numbers of 20 amp 120 volt circuits would. If V2G were a standard feature in EVs, and a large number of EVs were plugged in, then it would make a big difference. However, simply listening for a central instruction from the local utility to "pause charging" for a few minutes would be _much_ cheaper to implement and would be nearly as effective.

The local utility issues such signals to "saver switch" type devices here in Colorado:
http://www.xcelenergy.com/Save_Money_&_Energy/Rebates/Saver%27s_Switch_for_Residences_-_CO?stateSelected=true

You can put your EV charger on a "saver switch" that is controlled by the utility. Simple.

Bill Dube'