On 16 Aug 2014 at 14:04, Lee Hart via EV wrote:

> The technique has been described many times on the EVDL. It must be in
> the archives somewhere. Before I type it all in yet again, maybe we can
> find it?

Here's one method.

http://www.evdl.org/archive/index.html#nabble-td4657626|a4657642

Just to be clear, he means you should measure voltage drop across the
intercell link cable or strap, NOT across the cell or battery itself!

I usually measure the voltage drop from the center of the battery post to
the clamp itself.  That's easy with lead batteries - there's lots of post
area for contact.  I don't know whether that's the case with your lithium
cells.  But the principle remains - pass a known current through the
connection and measure the voltage drop.   Calculate the resistance (if you
care) with Ohm's law.  Or just look for connections with exceptionally high
voltage drop.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator