> From: Mark Grasser via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
>
> Be careful buying non UL Asian inverters. A lot of them
> do not have a neutral to ground tie. You will find instead that the ground
> prong or green wire is actually tied to the center tap of the output and
> that NEUTRAL is 60 volts from ground and that HOT is 60 volts from ground.

This is rather hard to understand.

It would be a clear violation of the electrical code, and would result in a
breaker trip if anything was plugged in that had ground tied to neutral, which
could very well happen. (Ground and neutral are supposed to be at the same
potential.)

:::: Entirely new ways of living are necessary, and if we don't adobt them
voluntarily, we or our children will eventually adopt them involuntarily, and
probably with great pain and difficulty in the process. -- Thom Hartmann