It's that time of year, time to get the heater installed in my EV.
It consists of a 3kW tank heater, a 12V solar pump, piped to the OEM heater core. My problem? I can't figure out why it is so damn hard to get the air out of the system.
The tank and the pump are down low, the heater core about 6 inches above.
My first guess was that a simple vertical tube with a small bottle on the outlet of the core at the highest point should work.
It would allow expansion and any air should find its way up and out.
Doesn't work. The only thing I have done that even comes close to working is to have a small diameter bypass around the core that runs through a bottle.
Even then, it takes a long time to get a fairly solid fluid flow.
Am I missing something?

Thanks, Al