To give an illustration of how high the need is for fast charging:
I have at least 3 L2 chargers since 2 years and I have not installed any of
them yet,
since overnight L1 charging is more than I need for my daily driving needs.
Of course, I plan to install at least one L2 station later this year when
I am pulling wire from the service panel anyway to a small load center in
my garage, so I will have an AC disconnect for the solar inverter and the
presence of a load center allows me to add an RV style NEMA 14-50 outlet
to plug in a L2 charger.
Any time that I come home with batteries depleted and still needing to make
a long trip, well - those times I will hop into the Prius.
But I rarely drive the Prius and I do use my EV truck on a daily basis,
so that should tell you a bit about the sufficiency of L1 charging.

P.S. and yes, I occasionally need to get creative with charging while I am
running about, but the great thing about L1 is that every single house,
office, school and other meeting place is actually equipped with these outlet
that allows recharging using a simple 100ft extension cord.

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626          Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130          private: cvandewater.info
www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received this
message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any unauthorized
use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of this message is
prohibited.