On May 14, 2015, at 9:36 AM, Peri Hartman via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> My guess: I think the demand for roadside charging will be fairly high as
> (another guess) 30%-50% of the residences will not have access to domestic
> charging - because they are in a multistory dwelling with few (or no) off
> street parking spaces.

Pretty much every parking space is within shouting distance of a lightbulb, and
it wouldn't take all that much to splice in 110V / 15A circuits to all those
spaces. We hear more and more news stories about apartments providing plugs in
the parking stalls, street meters doubling as charging points, and so on. I bet
that's the standard we'll see: just as you expect a light switch at shoulder
hight just inside every door on the same side as the knob, you'll expect an
outlet at every parking spot.

b&