All the garages I'm familiar with have 30A circuits. Garages typically get used
for power equipment like saws that need heavy draws. If there's a single 30A
circuit in the entire house, it'll be in the garage.

...and that's the case with houses built as far back as the Carter
administration. Anything much older than that and it's going to have to be
re-wired anyway to be brought up to code.

b&