> They are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

>Most of us on the EVDL have been saying this for years -- that 100 miles of
range is plenty for almost anyone.

Well stated, both of you! I definitely am ready for that 100 mile range,
having over the years never had more than my current 40 mile range pack.
However, it still does carry me for more than 95% of the miles I drive most
months. I do have a 3/4 ton diesel pick up truck for pulling my dump
trailer, and hauling any any loads too heavy, large or messy for the EV
Escort, but with its roof rack I have carried ladders, lumber etc. for much
of what I do; and the truck generally gets driven less than 500 mile per
year, so its contribution to ICE pollution is as minimal as I can make it.
Having now sold off or given away all of my remaining EV projects, I know
that I am probably driving my last home made EV, but it still has 5 1/2
years to go to finish my experiment=can I drive a conversion EV on one
lithium pack with a total investment of $10000 for 10 years? (not including
tires or brakes).
Time will tell, but so far, I have seen no degradation in range or power.
Michael B