When I had a lead pack in my truck I had rampant leakage from the pack to the frame. I think the acid mist and dirt are conductive. I kept trying to find the culprit battery by segmenting the pack and the leak would literally just move around.

And I had the same problem as you--it was tripping the GFCI outlet. I had to take out the GFCI outlet and install a regular one. (The truck had a 110v Russco charger in it).

I don't think LiFePo4 cells are as susceptible although I have heard several stories of different makes having conductive cases. When I put lithium in the truck put all the cells in insulated boxes. If I have a ground fault now it will most likely be carbon buildup in the motor.

--Rick

On 6/1/2016 11:48 PM, John Lussmyer via EV wrote:
I mean EVERYTYHING other than the charger.
There are contactors on both sides of the pack, so the controller and motor are
fully disconnected.
I also disconnected the volt/amp meter, and BMS (12v power) as well.
Also disconnected the "battery +" wire to the zilla hairball.
Unhooked the DC-DC.

I'm wondering if I'm getting dirt/damp leakage from the pack to the frame.

On Wed Jun 01 18:08:15 PDT 2016 ev@lists.evdl.org said:
Could you be a little more detailed? You disconnected everything from what?
Each other? The battery pack? Etc?   If you have a series wound DC motor then
carbon build up from the brushes can create a path.

-------- Original message --------From: John Lussmyer via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Date: 6/1/16  7:35 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
<ev@lists.evdl.org> Subject: [EVDL] Ground Faults
Well, I've discovered that my truck has a ground fault of some kind in it
somewhere.
For a long time, I've been charging off the Welder outlet in my shop.  I
recently installed a nice big 240v 60A GFCI breaker for a charging outlet at
the house.
The GFCI trips every time I try to charge.  It doesn't trip if I plug a welder
into the outlet.

Poking around the pack with a voltmeter, I get some solid voltage readings to
the frame of the truck.
So, I started disconnecting things.  Disconnected everything except the charger
(kinda need that!).
Still trips the GFCI.
Still getting weak voltage readings from various points in the pack.  (Not
always consistent, not always constant.)

Running out of ideas...

--
Worlds only All Electric F-250 truck!
http://john.casadelgato.com/Electric-Vehicles/1995-Ford-F-250