On Sat Sep 03 09:40:10 PDT 2016 leeah...@earthlink.net said:
>John Lussmyer via EV wrote:
>> The cheapest 36V forklift battery I've found is a refurb, 1yr warranty,
>> 510AH for $2000.
>> That is FAR more battery than I really need.
>
>Ouch. I've seen complete working pallet-jacks with battery go for $500
>at factory closing auctions.

Yup, actually bought this forklift for $200 at an auction 5 years or so ago.
Battery has finally degraded to the point of not really being useable.
I've been watching the auctions, but prices have been going WAY up.

>> As for the 12V unit, a pair of Golf Cart batteries seems to be in the
>> $200-$300 range.
>
>Ouch again. What does Sam's Club want for golf cart batteries? My local

Haven't checked CostCo yet, and couldn't find the prices online.

--

Bobcats and Cougars, oh my!  http://john.casadelgato.com/Pets