John,
One of the US Electricar owners just pulled his BB-600 out of his truck
since several had died and excess electrolyte was eating the alu box.
He has appropriately replaced them with a Leaf pack. I will shoot him an
email with your question to see if he wants to sell/ship to you,
unfortunately he is at the East Coast.

Regarding the weight - if they are not leaking, you could leave the
original Lead in place and just mount one single end plate of the
Lithium stack to the frame of the lift, you are aware that the Leaf
cells (and probably other Li cells as well) must remain under
compression or risk bursting the cell pouches open, inside the modules?

You cannot tap high current from the center contact of a Leaf module,
only the two end contacts are rated for the 200A continuous current, the
center connection is rated for 10A if I am not mistaken.
That is why I would cut open the terminal end to remove the plastic
covers of the internal bus bars, cut the one going from the first pair
to the second pair and then rewire to have all 4 in parallel. The guy
from the Electric Samba (VW van) has YouTube videos about how to open
the modules and shows how they are interconnected. I think he wanted to
lighten the pack by removing the shell of the module, but that work was
for naught as the sheet metal shell weighs almost nothing and you need
to mount and compress the pouch cells inside anyhow. But the videos are
instructive in how to remove the black plastic cover strips to get at
the bus bars (which are the copper strips that are visible at the two
end terminals).
Here is a direct link to his videos, you see him get at the terminals in
this part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeTxXkBAc60

Hope this helps,

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of
this message is prohibited.