I love my Leaf and drive it all over town, occasionally stretching it to
arrive at my next charging location with less than 20% real SoC left
(last bar on the Leaf's Guess-o-Meter) and I tend to charge mostly to
80% and rarely (once a month or so) to 100%.
I still see the measured capacity degrade on a weekly basis as reported
by the BMS (measured Ah capacity) so I tend to believe that while
Lead-Acid acted much like an organic sponge, the Lithium cells act much
more like a bucket: use it or not, capacity does not change much besides
the inevitable gradual deterioration due to the irrepairable defects
building up over time, causing both capacity loss and internal
resistance increase and possibly eventually an increase in
self-discharge.
Actually Li-Ion works more like a Hydro dam: slowly silt builds up in
the lake, reducing the capacity of the reservoir.

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of
this message is prohibited.