Hmm, maybe cost savings of putting a grounded shield around the motor and controller. For the AM radio, what could the cost be? $1.00?

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "Roger Stockton via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "'Electric Vehicle Discussion List'" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: "Roger Stockton" <rstock...@delta-q.com>
Sent: 09-Nov-18 3:20:31 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] AM radios dropped from plugins (RFI, EMI, +)> (go digital)

Tom Keenan wrote:

I have a 2013 Leaf, and the AM radio works fine. Same with my old 2005
Prius.  I use the AM radio on a daily basis during my commute to work.
Not sure if it is perhaps an issue with certain radio suppliers/car
manufacturers?

I suspect it has more to do with the cost savings of not including AM capability (probably perceived to be relatively unused and therefore easily eliminated without much outcry) than any real technical issue.

AM works fine in my wife's 2016 Leaf and in my conversion; there really doesn't seem to be any reason for it not to work in any plugin, unless one doesn't want it to work...

Cheers,

Roger.