The timing of this discussion is great.
My sidewalk is being replaced.
I had asked the contractor before he started if
I would be able to use my driveway and he said not at all.

So, on the way home, I stopped at the only fast charger in the
neighborhood....
the ChadeMo plug was available, but the machine only serves one at a time,
and there was a big NYC SUV-taxi charging on CCS.   I talked to the driver,
he was settled in for the long haul.  I gave him encouragement about
driving an EV.
There are not so many places to charge in NYC at the moment.

So I arrived home almost on empty.
At about 1:00 am, I pulled my car into my neighbor's driveway,
moved the cable for my OpenEVSE to that side of the house,
put a note to say "Sorry to block you, Knock if you need to get out",
and sat down in the DR to install a couple of Ensemble/HealthShare
instances.
There was no knock, and I moved the car at 2.

The differences are - I was tresspassing/blocking him,
but I knew if I had asked, he would allow.
And it was my electricity, about 6 KWh.

Then, last night, I wanted to top off....
Long ago, I had asked the City Code official
if I would be allowed to put an outlet at the curb,
and was told, no, it is a right-of-way....
and they won't allow a cord across the sidewalk.

Well, my sidewalk is a construction zone.
So I parked with the nose of my car touching the cones,
ran 50'  12  gauge extension across the gravel and the forms,
and charged over night.  I might need to do the same Monday night,
since I drive again on Tuesday.  Or I can explore a Level 2
that I have not visited yet in a neighboring town....