That's exactly why I think mini markets with "fueling" stations are here to stay. It won't be long before there are enough EVs and charge times short enough that they'll see a financial advantage to supporting EVSEs.

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "EVDL Administrator via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: "EVDL Administrator" <evp...@drmm.net>
Sent: 28-Jul-19 10:31:56 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Don't be a pathetic charge-mooching-thief> (get towed)

On 28 Jul 2019 at 11:59, Seth Rothenberg via EV wrote:

 The timing of this discussion is great. My sidewalk is being replaced. I
 had asked the contractor before he started if I would be able to use my
 driveway and he said not at all.

This illustrates the problem some people have with charging EVs, even when
there's no unusual construction or obstruction.

A friend of mine lives in an apartment in a small town in rural France.  She
really wanted to get an EV.  However, there's no off-street parking.  She
can't even park on the street next to her apartment, so even if she could
persuade the landlady to install an EVSE or a receptacle, and legally lay
the cable across the sidewalk (very doubtful), she still couldn't charge an
EV at home.  The nearest public EVSE is over 10km km away in another town,
and if that one isn't available for some reason, the next closest after that
is 23km away.

So she bought an E-bike instead.  That she can take inside the apartment to
charge.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator