A good bed of crushed gravel, like "3/8 minus", underneath the conduit with more on top. As long as the crushed gravel is sitting on firm soil, it will not shift when weight is applied to it.

However, there is conduit made for electrical conduit: "schedule 40". It's probably strong enough on it's own, assuming it doesn't have too much deflection or shear.

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "Seth Rothenberg via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Seth Rothenberg" <s...@pachai.net>
Cc: "Seth Rothenberg" <s...@pachai.net>; "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: 30-Jul-19 5:13:37 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Don't be a pathetic charge-mooching-thief> (get towed)

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 1:35 PM Robert Bruninga <bruni...@usna.edu> wrote:

 Go buy a piece of 1.5" PVC conduit and get it down before they pour the
 concrete!
 Then you can run your cord under the sidewalk ANY time you want later.  Bob

Bob et al,
I have laid the groundwork (literally) for this.

I just dug down 12" on either side of the sidewalk excavation,
careful to avoid the infamous roots that started this all.
I refilled the holes for the rough inspection tomorrow,
but they will be easy to redig with the loose dirt.
..and I'll need to move the gravel aside....

What's a good way to protect the conduit when I
cover the holes?

I don't want to get "lucky" when someone
drives a truck on this grassy strip.

Maybe an elbow on each end, and an oversize cap?
It needs to be buried for final inspection :-)

Thanks