The ROI is from associated business. I think the same is true for gas stations. They don't make money selling gas but from the items in the convenience store.

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "paul dove via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: "paul dove" <dov...@bellsouth.net>
Sent: 19-Aug-19 4:02:27 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Public station, private ownership?

Be prepared for slow return on investment. Chargers are not in use more than is
use. I would be interested in the number of years to payback figures.

Sent from my iPhone

 On Aug 18, 2019, at 2:38 PM, Seth Rothenberg via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

 Has anyone on this list been involved in owning a DCQC charging station?

 I have identified a few locations that might be profitable
 as a stand-alone location, somewhat in the way a privately-owned ATM
 works in every bodega in town.

 I have visited Chargepoint and evGo web sites, but there's
 nothing like hearing from someone who has done it.
 Is there a charging network that supports this model well?

 (Probably none right near my house, as there are
 charging locations in progress on the Turnpike and the Parkway.
 (The Vince Lombardi Service Area is in place but not yet
 interfacing with evGo membership database :-)

 To use an analogy, everyone asks "chicken or the egg?"
 but I am asking, "I want to build the nest and charge rent"

 Thanks