Hello,

OK, I've been searching this list, and frankly I'm overwhelmed.  So,
I'm going to state my information and hope that you folks won't be too
upset for my taking up the bandwidth.

I have a 1979 Jet ElectraVan daily driver.  I have been replacing the
lead acid batteries from time to time for years and since the pack has
failed again it is now time to move to lithiums.  Yes, I am a member of
the ev60...@listserv.tcu.edu mail list.

Some basic information:

      Pack: 102V, 17 X 6V @ 125Ah, ~12KWh
Controller: 144V @ 500A Open Revolt
     Motor: Series wound Ge 20Hp 90V
       SOC: Proprietary original analog based on voltage
       BMS: None.  Balanced by overcharge
   Charger: Original Leslie transformer based

I need to change the pack, BMS, charger, and SOC indicator.  Since this
is an old unrestored car, I would like to keep the upgrade as simple
and close to original as possible.  In other words, I really don't want
the car controlled by phone apps.  If I have a cell failure, I don't
need to immediately know which cell, I can open the battery box and
look for it.  I have electronic and microprocessor experience so I
don't mind building some things.  Of course, I would be happy with
increased range, and lighter weight as well.

Probably the first thing I need to look at are the alternatives for the
pack.  Reclaimed commercial EV packs, or new cells?  What are the
cooling considerations?

Thanks,
Mike