That's pretty music, but it's just a new verse to an old song.  How loudly
GM sing it depends greatly on which way the political winds blow.

In 1978, GM promised that by 1980 I'd be able to buy a Chevette EV.  I'm
still waiting.  Pop quiz - what happened in US politics in 1980?  Who was it
who ordered the Carter solar panels torn off the White House roof?  I can't
seem to recall.

The other side of this coin is that most of the rest of the first world
doesn't have this weird oscillation.  The emphasis they put on reducing
carbon emissions and promoting renewable energy varies from nation to nation
and administration to administration, but they seldom have the kind of
jarring, radical environmentally backward lurches that we get here.

France and the UK plan to ban ICEV sales by 2040.  in fact I think I read
recently that the UK is considering advancing that to 2030, and France wants
at least Paris to be 100% EV by 2030.

Germany and Netherlands want zero ICEVs on sale, also by 2030.  Germany is
pushing for this to be an EU-wide policy.

Norway's aiming for 2025.  Already in 2020, over half the vehicles sold in
Norway were EVs.

So if GM wants to keep selling vehicles outside the US, they'd darn well
better start looking outside our borders, and get serious about EVs, fast.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Most people here [in the US] don't want an abrupt reshuffling
     of everything. That's why we've had only one revolution. It's
     why we've fought off the metric system all these years, and
     thank heaven we have.

                                      -- Fox anchor Tucker Carlson