Our 2011 Leaf has about 35-50 mile range, depending on weather. That's pretty minimal, I know, but completely adequate for everything in the city and even a bit further. Depends where you live. (Still, I want to replace it, but - you've seen my other posts - it's not so easy to find something that will replace both our cars with one.)

Peri

<< Annoyed by leaf blowers ? https://quietcleanseattle.org/ >>

------ Original Message ------
From: "Willie via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: "Willie" <wmckem...@gmail.com>
Sent: 25-Mar-21 6:56:51 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Tesla-Y constant humming when parked in garage, wasting kwh

On 3/25/21 8:37 AM, Jay Summet via EV wrote:

On 3/25/21 8:16 AM, Willie via EV wrote:
  Your car has a battery that may last 200k miles. Compare that to a Leaf with
battery life as low as 20k miles.

You are comparing maximum possible life to minimum possible life. Doesn't seem
very fair to the Leaf.

My Leaf has 6 years and 50k miles on it with 80% of the new range/capacity
remaining.

My 2011 Leaf became useless to me before 25k miles when it's range was reduced to
~60 miles.  My 2013 Tesla, at ~150k miles, has about 225 miles left of it's
original 265.  It is very near as useful as it was new.  It can still go
essentially anywhere in the country following a chain of SuperChargers spaced at
<150 miles.  I believe 3/Ys have longer lived batteries than early Ss.  We
won't know for sure for a few years, but I think 200k miles is a very reasonable
expectation.

Congratulations on your very good Leaf battery luck!  Though I'm not sure how
useful 80% of a small Leaf battery is.