Peri Hartman via EV wrote:
Our 2011 Leaf has about 35-50 mile range, depending on weather. That's pretty minimal, I know, but completely adequate for everything in the city and even a bit further. Depends where you live. (Still, I want to replace it, but - you've seen my other posts - it's not so easy to find something that will replace both our cars with one.)

We have a 2013 Leaf with about 35K miles on it. So far, no noticeable degradation in range. There must be some, but it can still do 80 miles on a charge in warm weather.

There may be extenuating circumstances. I'm an old hand at driving EVs, and drive like an old man (I *am* an old man)! We live in a small town, so trips are short and we've never stressed its range. We don't get hot weather, so heat degradation should be minimal. And we normally charge to 80% (the 2013 gives us that option).

Peri, have you looked into what it would cost to replace your Leaf's battery with a newer one?

Lee

--
All children are born engineers. Watch them at play. They're not
just playing; they're experimenting, building and learning. That's