Numbers help.  For instance, an experimental Toyota Camry with three
carbon wound hydrogen tanks was filled to "700 bar" with hydrogen for
a range of 300 miles.  Nobody who wants to convey pressure to the
general public uses bars.  It is always PSI.  700 bar translates to 5
tons per square inch in a car that weighs less than 2 tons.   One tank
manufacturing defect and the Camry goes "ballistic" in some direction.

If hydrogen is made from natural gas, there is always a little CO
included in the Hydrogen.  That over time corrodes the Fuel Cell.  The
rough rule of thumb was that the fuel cell would last "2,000 hours".
At 30 mph, that's 60K miles.  YMMV  That leaves electrolysis which is
very inefficient.

Then there is the transport of hydrogen to refueling stations.
Hydrogen seeps through pipes because it is such a small atom.  If it
didn't, then you have a whole lot of new infrastructure to build.
Tanker trucks are another story.  They are capacity limited.

I keep looking for genuine breakthroughs and I am not finding them.
Most of what I read is hype.

Meanwhile, a Tesla pack lasts from  300,000 to 500,000 miles with
Musk's goal of 1 million miles.  A million miles is 20K miles per year
for 50 years.  Basically, a lifetime of driving on one pack.

Tesla has announced a recycling plan where they will be recycling 92
to 97% of a pack.

There are too many basic issues with hydrogen fuel cells that have yet
to be resolved in order to compete with a BEV.

I'm considering purchasing another EV and a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle
is not on that list of choices for a lot of fundamental reasons.  I
have not seen anything in your arguments to dissuade me from a BEV or
point me to a viable HFCEV vehicle.