On 2 Dec 2021 at 22:47, Cor van de Water via EV wrote:

> We have a gas clothes dryer as that freed up the 30A circuit to power
> a Level 2 charging station (see, this post is still on-topic) also
> because our house connection is only 100A, so we need to be efficient
> with our electricity.

Typical French house has 40-60 amp service. Spain even less, sometimes as
low as 20 amps.  The smallest practical services are normally fitted in
these countries because electricity rates are higher for a larger service.

Don't know about Spain, but many EVSEs supplied in France are available with
interfaces for signalling breakers in the main panels. The breaker monitors
total household load.  If it approaches the system limit, the breaker will
signal the EVSE to throttle the EV charger to keep the total load below the
max.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     When profits rise it's growth; when wages rise it's inflation.

                                        -- anonymous