On Sat Dec 04 16:27:53 PST 2021 ev@lists.evdl.org said:
>To make this on-topic, I've wondered whether a mini-split heat pump could be
>adapted for an EV conversion.  They're usually 240v so their inverters might
>be able to accept input from some of the higher voltage EV batteries.  I've
>heard of people using certain kinds of window aircon units that way.  The
>physical dimensions (width) of the evaporators in splits might be a problem
>in an EV conversion, however.

I've been tempted to try that in my F250 truck.  Though, rather than a
mini-split, I'm looking into the (few) portable room heat pumps.  Smaller and
easier to deal with.
NOTE: when looking for those, you have to watch the specs carefully.  There are
many "portable heat pumps, both heat and cool!" that are a standard air
conditioner, with an Electric heater to provide the heat.

--

Tigers prowl and Dragons soar in my dreams...