From: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Oct 29, 2023 10:22 AM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: EV List Lackey <evp...@drmm.net>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] 'Facts' about EV's debunked

David Roden wrote:
> Not to lump you in with them, but this is the kind of rhetoric that the anti-
> EV / anti-progress crowd repeats endlessly. Not enough copper,.not enough
> lithium, not enough , as if those were the only materials we could possibly
> use to build EVs.

The problem is not nature or physics; but rather human nature. People are good
at dealing with an immediate crisis right in front of them; but terrible at the
long-term planning needed to avoid the crisis in the first place.

Copper, lithium, and all the other raw materials are finite resources. But they
are not consumed; they can be endlessly recycled. We just choose not to do it
for economic reasons (money!)

Coal, oil, and gas are non-renewable resources, but we *BURN* them (because
it's cheap and easy). No chance of recycling there! The consequences of the
burning are slow, so people don't (or won't) recognize them.

> Science today isn't any less resourceful than it was then. IF we have the
> will, and IF we don't let the wailing foot- and knuckle-draggers hold us
> back, we'll find a way.

For our children's sake, let us hope so! What's that old saying? "Ve gets too
soon old, und too late schmardt."

Lee

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/