From what I’ve read it’s more often the driver who intervenes and shuts down
Autopilot thus causing the accident.
Tesla keeps track of anyone actually cares.
https://digitalassets.tesla.com/tesla-contents/image/upload/f_auto,q_auto/safety-report-2023-mobile.jpg

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Saturday, May 4, 2024, 9:16 AM, Peri Hartman via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

I would love to have FSD. Clearly not in it's correct state but when the risk
of death from an accident is less than the risk if an attentive human were in
control.

Currently, FSD seems to do very well. Musk is probably right that it reduces
accidents overall. But most accidents don't kill the occupants, so i discount
that metric. When FSD fails, it does so catastrophically. A human might not
avoid the final impact but most likely will brake hard and reduce the collision.

Peri
________________________________
From: Lawrence Winiarski via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 4, 2024 05:29
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Cc: Lawrence Winiarski; EV List Lackey
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: Tesla cuts 3 major departments

Here's a dumb question/Poll:  I'd be curious how many people actually really
care about fully self driving to demand it in their car?  Is that a valid topic
for EVDL?      I'm sure the Tesla Fanboys love it more than indoor plumbing,
but what do insurance companies say?   Do they give a rate reduction for self
driving cars?
Personally, I'm too cheap to be on the bleeding edge and even then I would
postpone it and till the death rate gets down, but the fact is I'm managing a
0% death rate so far (knock on wood) so it'llbe hard to beat that, and I've
always had a thing about controlling my own destiny.
   On Friday, May 3, 2024 at 08:24:31 PM PDT, EV List Lackey via EV