resist intervention when the cars in control IME. It’s never messed up with me
but it sometimes waits longer than I am comfortable with before reacting.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, May 5, 2024, 12:05 PM, Lawrence Winiarski via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

Why wouldn't you disengage the autopilot if it was trying to kill you?...
...then you get blamed for the accident if you can't prevent it?

    On Sunday, May 5, 2024 at 05:43:25 AM PDT, Ken Olum via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

   From: paul dove <dov...@bellsouth.net>
  Date: Sat, 4 May 2024 16:02:36 +0000 (UTC)

  >From what I've read it's more often the driver who intervenes and shuts down
Autopilot thus causing the accident.

  Tesla keeps track of anyone actually cares.

https://digitalassets.tesla.com/tesla-contents/image/upload/f_auto,q_auto/safety-report-2023-mobile.jpg

The problem with this data is that it doesn't control for the conditions
in which drivers do and don't use autopilot.  One explanation for a
lower crash rate with autopilot on would be that drivers use it in
situations where accidents are less likely.

                                        Ken
HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/