On 4 May 2024 at 4:55, George Mullineaux via EV wrote:

> I see too many drivers that get stuck behind a slower vehicle on the
> highway because their cruise control has slowed down their vehicle to
> match the leading one.

I wonder how you can tell the difference between a driver who isn't ;paying
attention, and one who's just satisfied with the speed and sees no need to
pass.

Actually, I don't see how one would dare not pay attention, even with fancy
cruise control.  You still have to steer, no?

Anyway, we're those folks who stay behind the slow traffic because we don't
want or need to go faster.  If we're not in a hurry, which is most of the
time, we'd rather go slower and save electricity, range, and battery life.

If we passed that slow traffic, we wouldn't want to go much over the speed
limit.  We'd have impatient drivers riding our bumper.  So we hang out in
the right lane with the relaxed crowd and life is good.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     I don't want to live forever.  I just never want to die.

                                         -- Zack Weinersmith

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/