We've had a lot of issues with SMS notifications not going out according to
patrons.

Sometimes it's because the carriers were bought out by another carrier like
when StraightTalk was purchased by Verizon out here in Oregon- so I updated
SMS server settings.

Another was when US Cellular apparently stopped supporting email to text
altogether, at least that is what I was told by their support. However,
some users are still receiving notifications while others aren't- leaving
me completely confused and unable to verify the issue.

For now we've been suggesting to staff to recommend email notifications
instead of SMS, and I've set up email forwarders for all branches to avoid
SPF issues for the time being.

Looking forward to seeing more responses on this topic to see what
solutions others are using. It's been mentioned before that the time to use
a 3rd party application for email & text notifications is approaching and
I'd like to hear more about success/issues with that if anyone has gone
that route.

Thanks for bringing this topic up.
-Jon