On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 7:58 PM, Brent Meeker <meeke...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> But if the
> emulation attempts to be local then it must include inherent randomness -
> which I think is not Turing computable.

The Turing machine could draw the required randomness from a tape of
random bits, couldn't it?

The question might then be asked:

"Where did the tape of random bits come from?"

To which I guess a response of sorts might be:

"Well, where did the Turing machine come from?  Probably from there."

If you can have unexplained order, then you can have unexplained
randomness, can't you?