2012/2/16 meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>

>  On 2/16/2012 11:15 AM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:
>
>      All of this substitution stuff is predicated upon the possibility
>> that the brain can be emulated by a Universal Turing Machine. It would be
>> helpful if we first established that a Turing Machine is capable of what we
>> are assuming it do be able to do. I am pretty well convinced that it cannot
>>

> Well at least, you state now that you think comp is simply false... so
> it's just trolling about it, when you just reject the premices...
>

> It's not trolling when Stephen believes it and is willing to argue
> rationally for it.

It is trolling when you ask computationalism to be something else as
computationalism (the view that the human mind is an information processing
system, can be run on a UTM). He simply reject the premices, so there no
point to argue to the conclusion of the UD argument when you stop at step
0... If you reject from the start, the logical conclusion is that you
reject all the step, no point to argue on step 7, when you stop on step 0.

Quentin