On 16 Feb 2012, at 21:53, Brian Tenneson wrote:

Are you talking about tautology?

"true in no context whatsoever" looks more like a contradiction (the negation of a tautology).

Bruno

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net > wrote:
On 2/16/2012 2:15 PM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

[SPK] All of this substitution stuff is predicated upon the possibility that the brain can be emulated by a Universal Turing Machine. It would be helpful if we first established that a Turing Machine is capable of what we are assuming it do be able to do. I am pretty well convinced that it cannot

Well at least, you state now that you think comp is simply false... so it's just trolling about it, when you just reject the premices...

Is there a difference between a statement being true given some context and the same sentence being true in no context whatsoever?

Onward!

Stephen