On 2/16/2012 2:34 PM, meekerdb wrote:
On 2/16/2012 11:15 AM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

        All of this substitution stuff is predicated upon the
    possibility that the brain can be emulated by a Universal Turing
    Machine. It would be helpful if we first established that a
    Turing Machine is capable of what we are assuming it do be able
    to do. I am pretty well convinced that it cannot

Well at least, you state now that you think comp is simply false... so it's just trolling about it, when you just reject the premices...

It's not trolling when Stephen believes it and is willing to argue rationally for it.

Brent
Hi Brent,

If I am unwilling to defend what I think that I believe, how could I ever find errors in them and correct them? Thank you Brent for pointing this out. ;-) This is not an exercise to get attention for me.

Onward!

Stephen