On 08 May 2012, at 21:46, John Mikes wrote:

Ricardo:
good text! I may add to it:
"Who created Nothing? - of course: Nobody". (The ancient joke of Odysseus towards Polyphemos: 'Nobody' has hurt me).

Just one thing: if it contains (includes) EMPTY SPACE, it includes space, it is not nothing. And please, do not forget about my adage in the previous post that limits (borders) are similarly not includable into nothing, so it must be an infinite - well - "nothing". It still may contain things we have no knowledge about and in such case it is NOT nothing. We just are ignorant.

Also, I can make a critic to 'nothing' or 'everything' similar to my critics of how Stephen use the term "existence". It is a word, and it can belong to a theory only if there is an axiomatic for it, or a semi- axiomatic. You have to be able to give some sense of some "thing" to define or point on "no-thing". At the metalevel, nothing and everything are coextensive.

Bruno

JM