On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> My definition: free will is when you're not sure you're going to do
> something until you've done it.
>

> So if carefully weigh my options and decide on one it's not free will?  I'd
> say free will is making any choice that is not coerced by another agent.

Even if you carefully weigh your options you have the feeling that you
could change your mind at the last option. However, I didn't want to
argue about the definition. The point I was making is that different
people can legitimately differ on how they define it, so that
depending on the definition it is or isn't compatible with
determinism.

--
Stathis Papaioannou