On 5/12/2012 10:22 AM, John Clark wrote:
On Sat, May 12, 2012  meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net
<mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    > You should get a 21st century dictionary

    In geometry, orthogonal means "involving right angles" (from Greek ortho,
meaning
    right, and gon meaning angled). The term has been extended to general use,
meaning
    the characteristic of being independent (relative to something else).

So lets review: you said "It's orthogonal to deterministic/random" and I responded with "Orthogonal? There is only one way "it" could not be deterministic and not random {independent of determinism and randomness} , there is only one way "it" was not caused for a reason and not not caused for a reason, and that is if "it" is gibberish". That clearly demonstrates two things, I knew EXACTLY what the word "orthogonal" meant and you my dear Brent did not.

No you don't.  I guess I have to draw a diagram

                               Determined

                                 Random

What I said was that it's, i.e. coerced/free is a variable orthogonal to deterministic/random, meaning that points in all quadrants of the above diagram are possible.