On 5/13/2012 9:56 AM, John Clark wrote:
On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM, Pierz <pier...@gmail.com
<mailto:pier...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    > John Clarke seems to be saying

No e in my name. Although I'd love to say I'm Arthur C Clarke's illegitimate son the fact is my father's name was Arthur E Clark.

    > that the law is an ass, not because of human-level failures of
reasoning/justice
    etc, but because the criminal was predestined to act the way s/he did, or
behaved
randomly, and in either case no reponsibility can be assigned.

I'm saying precisely the opposite of that, I'm saying responsibility can and should ALWAYS be assigned.

The question is can it ever be assigned to someone else who caused the criminal to commit the crime. The law certainly recognizes the possibility of coercing or suborning a crime.

Brent

Perhaps you chopped up people with a ax because you had bad genes or maybe because you had a bad childhood or maybe a random quantum fluctuation in your brain turned you into a monster; I don't know and I don't care because knowing why you are a monster does not make you one bit less of a monster. That's why I'm in favor of the death penalty.

  John K Clark