On 29 May 2012 20:42, Aleksandr Lokshin <aaloks...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll try to explain why choosing an arbitrary element should be interpreted
> as a free will choice in mathematics.

I agree with you that an arbitrary decision cannot be either random or
the consequence of an explicit rule or law.  Hence an arbitrary choice
is indeed freely willed, by convention. What I do not see, however, is
how this can have any metaphysical implications for particular agents,
whose performance against these criteria can only ever be evaluated to
some limit.  If this is a problem for mathematicians or mathematics,
AFAICS it is an unavoidable one.

David