On May 30, 6:09 pm, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > You are defining a 'real computer' in terms in terms that you are
> > smuggling in from our real world of physics. In a Church-Turing
> > Matrix, why would there be any kind of arbitrary level separation? The
> > whole point is that there is no fundamental difference between one
> > Turing emulation and another. Paris is a program.
>
> A program is running on a machine... a program interact through interface
> and that's the **only** way to interact.

Huh? A program interacts with another program directly. There is no
interface. It makes no difference to the OS of the HW node whether the
program is running virtual Paris on the root level of the physical
machine or virtual virtual Paris on one of the virtual machines.

> > > If not you aren't really doing multi level simulation (simulation in a
> > > simulation)... but a single level one where you made it look like multi
> > > level.
>
> > > Example: if you run a virtual machine (like virtual box) and you
> > virtualize
> > > an OS and inside that one you run a virtual box that run another os
> > inside
> > > it, the second level cannot go to the first level (as the first level
> > can't
> > > reach the host) unless an interface between them exists.
>
> > No, you can. I can log into the root level on a hardware node - pick a
> > virtual machine on that node and log into it, open up a remote desktop
> > there and log back into the hardware node that the VM box is on if I
> > want. I can reboot the hardware machine from any nested level within
> > the node. There doesn't need to be an interface at all. They are all
> > running on the same physical hardware node.
>
> Well you can't read "unless an interface between them exists."

What interface are you talking about? I can make a million nested
layers of virtual worlds and I can make it so the same virtual fire
burns in all of them, with no interface required. It would magically
burn on command if I wanted it to. It's no problem at all unless I
want it to burn outside of the root level - into the literal reality
of time-space-matter-energy.

Craig