On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:23 AM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why does my free will depend on someone else's ability to predict it? Just
> because what I say is not surprising doesn't mean that I am not generating
> my own words voluntarily and freely.

Your actions are unpredictable, even if determinism is true. On the
other hand, known random behaviour such as radioactive decay is highly
predictable. Determinism is not synonymous with predictability and
randomness is not synonymous with unpredictability. And "generating
your own words voluntarily and freely" is consistent with determinism
or randomness or else it is incoherent.

--
Stathis Papaioannou