Bruno:

>From the perspective of semiotic theory, a subjective universe

seems rather obvious.

Consider that the Turing machine is computational omniscient

solely as a consequence of its construction, and yet, it can hardly

be said that the engineer who designed the Turing machine (why,

Turing, himself!) intentioned to put into that machine as computable

computations.  Somehow, where information is concerned, context

is king.

wrb

From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Bruno Marchal
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 6:09 AM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Why AI is impossible

William,

On 12 Aug 2012, at 18:01, William R. Buckley wrote:

Roger:

Nothing in the universe is objective.  Objectivity is an ideal.

When the physicist seeks to make some measure of the

physical universe, he or she necessarily must use some other

part of the physical universe by which to obtain that measure.

QED.

You are quick here.

The physical universe is purely subjective.

That follows from comp in a constructive way, that is, by giving the means
to derive physics from a theory of subejectivity. With comp any first order
logical theory of a universal system will do, and the laws of physics and
the laws of mind are not dependent of the choice of the initial universal
system.

Bruno

wrb