On 8/23/2012 4:53 PM, John Clark wrote:
On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com <mailto:whatsons...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    > The laws of nature are such that they demand that we do things
    intentionally. This means neither random nor completely determined
    externally.

I see, you did it but you didn't do it for a reason and you didn't do it for no reason. I think Lewis Carroll best summed up your ideas on this subject:

T was brillig, and the slithy toves
  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
      And the mome raths outgrabe.

    > Are your opinions on free will robotic or random? In either
    case, would there be any point in anyone else paying attention to
them

Point? It sounds like you're asking for a reason, well such a reason either exists or it does not. If other people pay attention to my views they do so for a reason or they do not do so for a reason. If other people do NOT pay attention to my views they do so for a reason or they do not do so for a reason.

  John K Clark

Does the chain of reasons stop at some point or is it an infinite regress?

--
Onward!

Stephen

~ Francis Bacon