On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:33:15 AM UTC-4, rclough wrote:

> Hi Craig Weinberg
>
> By sense do you mean Firstness, Secondness or Thirdness?
> Or all three as a process ?
>
> Using these as a guide:

(from http://www.helsinki.fi/science/commens/terms/thirdness.html)
      Firstness is the mode of being of that which is such as it is,
positively and without reference to anything else.
      Secondness is the mode of being of that which is such as it is, with
respect to a second but regardless of any third.
      Thirdness is the mode of being of that which is such as it is, in
bringing a second and third into relation to each other.

I would say that sense is primordial Sixthness. The meta juxaposition of
all three modalities. Sense is the totality within which Firstness,
Secondness, and Thirdness are defined and directly experienced. Fourthness
could be thought of as the change that thirdness brings to firstness and
Fifthness could be perhaps the juxtaposition of that change with it's
canonical conjugate in Secondness. There is no Firstness without Sixthness.
In quantitative terms, the universe doesn't begin with 0 or 1, it 'begins'
with the instantaneous/perpetual division of 1 into infinite fractions.
Timespace is only real at the periphery/circumference of that division.

Craig