On 16 Oct 2012, at 14:29, Craig Weinberg wrote:

Computation is an overly simplified emergent property of sense.

That is a form of idealism.

It pre"suppose sense, so I find it very poor as I am interested in understanding sense (and matter).

Withc omp we pressuppose only numbers and +, and *, and define computation in that theory, then the coupling consciousness+material- realities emerges naturally in a testable manner.

If you could have computation without sense, then there would be no consciousness.

Assuming that we are infinite, with an infinity not recoverable by the first person indeterminacy.

Bruno

Craig