Stathis, you are close to have written what I wanted to add to Russell's
outcry. I wrote some time ago to Roger asking him to "give back our list" -
to no avail.
Now I would add only one 'catch'phrase of Russell to your invaluable post:
..."*the list has been remarkably troll-free*...."
implying that whoever disregards WeiDai's initiatives does misuse his
generosity in maintaining the list.
I went through crises on other lists generated by closed minded religious
terrorists and most lists survived.
I hope this one will as well, in spite of much discussion I really do not
understand with my limited science.

John Mikes Ph.D.(chem) D.Sc.(polymers) and for the past 3 decades a
(ret.) homespun agnostic philosopher.