On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>> Yes, word games and arguing over what arbitrary meaning a sequence of
>> ASCII characters should have is what passes for philosophy these days.
>> Meanwhile REAL philosophers have discovered that there is more than one
>> type of infinity,
>>

>  > Cantor was a mathematician.

Yes. Some say that philosophy hasn't found anything new and interesting in
a thousand years but that is untrue, it's just that philosophers haven't
found anything new or interesting in a thousand years.

> Yes, he was quite interested in theology

True, the poor man went completely insane and died in a looney bin.

> You have still not anwser how you predict first person expectation for
> any experience in physics when we assume computationalism.

Turing proved 80 years ago that in general you can't predict what an
external purely deterministic system will do, all we can do is watch it and
see; and as for the first person expectation we've known for much much
longer than 80 years that often (perhaps usually) we don't know what we are
going to do until we do it.

> (or more easy: physicalism + a universe robust enough to run the UD).

You've forgotten IHA.

  John K Clark