On 7/12/2013 3:20 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 12 Jul 2013, at 21:31, meekerdb wrote:

On 7/12/2013 11:13 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Because if you agree with "I dunno which city I will see", by deducing it through an explicit appeal to a level of mechanical substitution, you see that the digital third person determinacy is responsible for indeterminate, from the first person points of view, experiences.

However this depends on there being no fact-of-the-matter as to which man, Washington or Moscow, is "you". That either one is "you" seems to depend on memories shared with you. Any other interpretation would simply say you were annihilated and neither man is you. This in turn depends on memories being classical things - not subject to quantum interference phenomena

Comp is neutral on the quantum, at the start, then we have to recover it or at least that is correct.

and not being reversible.

Irreversibility of first person experience can be recovered from reversible
computation.

That would be statistical irreversibility, i.e. reversal is improbable but not
impossible.

Indeed some universal machine are reversible (billiard ball, quantum computer,
etc.).

But isn't there a distinction between reversible and irreversible computations? Doesn't the UD do both of them?