Hi John

>> Nearly a century ago J.B.S. Haldane was confronted with a bonehead who said
>> he thought  Evolution was not a scientific theory because he was unable to
>> provide a hypothetical way it could be disproved. In response Haldane
>> thundered "RABBITS IN THE PRECAMBRIAN !".

It wasn't evolution that Popper thought was metaphysics, it was natural
selection and the reason that he thought it untestable was. ... , actually, why
bother?

>>I believe sincerity is a hugely overrated virtue, I have more respect for
>>somebody insincerely right than sincerely wrong.

That you have a hard on for insincerity comes across loud and clear, John. You
needn't point it out. But, here's a question for you, what about people who are
insincere and wrong  such as yourself ? Does your love of insincerity outweigh
your contempt for error just enough to provide a morsel of self respect?

Btw. Did you use to post as Major Higgs Boson, or something, on other boards?
The perpetual grumpiness and tortuous attempts to be clever really ring a bell
for some reason. Obviously there are many grumpy people in the world so I know
its a long shot.