On Wed, Sep 25, 2013  meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>> You make a big deal about duplicating chambers and what city you end up
>> in and make all sorts of mystical conclusions from it; but all it comes
>> down to is the fact that different data streams (like one coming from
>> Washington and another from Moscow)  will result in different conclusions
>> (like I am in Washington or I am in Moscow) when the calculation is
>> concluded.
>>

> It just boils down to: if you can be duplicated

Well of course you can be duplicated!! I find it astonishing that in the
21'st century the average person still thinks this question deserves
further debate.

> Scott Aaronson dismisses the problem by concentrating on the idea that
> duplication must be duplication of the quantum state, so that the
> no-cloning theorm applies.

If you need to stay in the same quantum state to retain your identity then
you would be changing into a different person many millions of trillions a
time a second. And if you never changed, if you always remained in the same
quantum state, then you couldn't think, thought needs change.

  John K Clark